So you got yourself a new pair of hearing aids — that’s awesome! Like any other high-tech device, it can take a little time to learn how to operate your hearing aids and properly care for them. Here are a couple of tips to help you get the most out of them for as long as possible.
Avoiding these things will maintain peak performance and extend the life of your hearing aids.
Love your hearing aids and they’ll love you back.
If they’re not working properly, try the following:
- Make sure your hearing aids are on. You can check this by holding it in your closed hand and listening for feedback or whistling.
- If your hearing aid uses batteries, you can test the battery by dropping it on a hard surface. The charged battery won’t bounce, but the empty battery will.
- If you have rechargeables, you can check the charge on the charging case or the smartphone app.
- Make sure the battery door is completely closed.
- Clean the hearing aid. Check the wax guard, dome and receiver to make sure earwax isn’t hurting performance.
- Make sure the hearing aid is inserted properly in the ear. Also, make sure you have the right device in the right ear (blue is left and red is right).
- Adjust the volume control (is it turned up too high or too low?)
If you have any questions, please contact us.
The best thing you can do when you have questions or concerns about your hearing aids is to speak to an expert. Our team is always here to help with anything — even if your dog chewed your hearing aids — so please call us at 888-780-3450.