Hearing Aid Technology
What Are the Best Hearing Aids of 2020?
Boasting a variety of sophisticated technologies, today’s hearing aids are truly some of the most amazing minicomputers around. They’ve completely changed the way people think about hearing care — and in a good way. While most medical-grade hearing aids now feature modern conveniences like smartphone controls, Bluetooth connectivity, and rechargeability (no batteries!), the technology has continued to advance even further beyond what anyone could have imagined.
Every second, the advanced technology chips that are now in modern hearing aids scan your environment over 10,000 times and process over one billion operations. But what does that mean exactly? It means today’s hearing aids are 100,000 times more powerful than the computer that landed the Apollo 11 spaceship on the moon, and 2.5 times more power than the first Apple iPhone! Incredible, right? This enables hearing aids to support how the brain makes sense of sound and run sophisticated algorithms that can deliver the most natural, comfortable hearing experience, even in the most challenging environments.
What Level of Technology is Right for You?
Think of it this way. The more you want to be out and about, the more technology you’ll need to hear comfortably in every situation. This is why we encourage you to “get as much technology as you can afford,” so you’re in control and your hearing doesn’t slow you down, no matter the situation.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the impressive technology features that many of today’s hearing aids offer:
- Bluetooth, Rechargeability, & Smartphone Connectivity
- Speech Enhancement & Background Noise Management
- Directional & Open 360° Sound with Movement
- Automatic Environment Detection & Adjustments
- Own Voice Processing
- Binaural Processing
- Tinnitus Therapies
- Top Hearing Aids of 2020
- Test Drive This Superior Technology Today
Bluetooth, Rechargeability, & Smartphone Connectivity
Even though Bluetooth, Rechargeability, & Smartphone Connectivity often come standard with today’s hearing aids, don’t underestimate the major impact these features have on improving everyday life.
- Staying connected to the world around you is easier than ever with Bluetooth connectivity. Just like the most popular wireless headphones on the market today, many hearing aids now allow you to stream your favorite TV shows, podcasts, music, and phone calls directly into your ears.
- Rechargeable hearing aids are becoming increasingly more popular and even come with portable charging cases for extra security and convenience when you’re on the go. They’re also environmentally-friendly and easier on the wallet (and who doesn’t want that!). Charging devices now make it easier than ever to keep your hearing aids operating all day with no interruption — and no more having to mess with hard-to-replace batteries!
- Smartphone app setting controls give you the ability to easily change your hearing aid volume or program based on your environment. For example, if you’re going from your house to a crowded restaurant, you’ll probably want to adjust the levels so you’re comfortable. Now you can do it quickly and easily from your iPhone or Android smartphone without ever having to touch your hearing aids.
Speech Enhancement & Background Noise Management
Improved speech clarity has always been the top desired feature of hearing aid wearers. And rightfully so. Today’s medical-grade hearing aids have drastically improved speech understanding like never before. Advanced features incorporate narrow directionality, echo adjustments, and spatial configurators to deliver the highest level of speech clarity in the most challenging environments.
Background noise makes it difficult to follow a conversation and to understand every word. Higher levels of technology have more sophisticated algorithms that can better identify background noise and filter it out. This also includes annoying feedback and whistling that used to accompany old hearing aids. With these enhancements, you’ll enjoy a more natural hearing experience and reduced listening effort, leaving you with more energy throughout your day.
Automatic Environment Detection & Adjustments
Your hearing is influenced by your environment. Modern hearing aids scan your surroundings over 10,000 times a second and take your movement into consideration, before automatically adjusting their programs to deliver an optimal, natural sound experience based on any environment (without you having to figure it out).
Own Voice Processing
Are you longing to hear the true sound of your own voice? We hear our own voice differently because of where the sound is produced. Modern hearing aids provide the most natural experience by processing the wearer’s own voice instantly and independently from all other voices and sounds.
You might think you only need one hearing aid for the “bad ear.” Believe it or not, you actually need two to get the best performance. We often advise people that it’s better to get two hearing aids with average technology, rather than just one hearing aid with the best technology. This is why: Binaural processing enables two hearing aids to communicate wirelessly and mimic your brain’s ability to process information from both ears. It allows both audio processing and data exchange between the hearing aids to operate synchronously and deliver better performance.
According to the CDC, more than 50 million Americans suffer from tinnitus, otherwise known as “ringing or other sounds in the ears.” Tinnitus and hearing loss often go hand in hand, with approximately 80% of people suffering from tinnitus also having hearing loss. While tinnitus doesn’t cause hearing loss, the perceived sound can be distracting and make it hard to concentrate on other sounds. Therefore, tinnitus therapies provide different static noise types and ocean wave signals to lend some relief.
Top Hearing Aids of 2020
Signia Silk X
- State-of-the-art Xperience technology hooks up with a powerful microphone, which is optimized to focus on sounds directly in front of you.
- Excessive background noise is blocked out, making it easier to carry out conversations and hear instructions.
- Delivers crystal-clear sound and amazing speech clarity in noisy environments.
Signia Styletto Connect
- Stream calls, music and more with its Bluetooth technology.
- Rechargeable with a portable charging case — no batteries!
Phonak Virto Black
- Award winning and comes equipped with cool features like Bluetooth streaming, hands-free phone calls, smartphone apps.
- Uses special algorithms to seamlessly adapt to your environment and promises to deliver crisp, clear sound without the annoying background noise.
Starkey Livio AI
- World’s first hearing to use AI (artificial intelligence) technology to track your body and brain health.
- Built-in sensors can detect if you’ve fallen and even translate different languages.
- Helps you to stay physically active and socially engaged.
Test Drive This Superior Technology Today
If you haven’t started your journey to better hearing yet, simply click the button below to sign up for a hearing aid trial period. You’ll have 45 days to test drive any one of the best hearing aids of 2020.